Trier Social Stress Test with a plus - A new modulary protocol for clinical trials
Where do I expect the effects of my method or substance during acute stress? Study findings using the Trier Social Stress Test (TSST) provide a unique collection of data in a large number of application areas and with widely differing active agents. For this purpose, the target criteria (primary and secondary endpoints) must be defined and determined for every study. A main criterion for stress is often the stress hormone cortisol, but many other messengers also take part in the complex stress reaction. Accordingly, the endpoints of the stress test can vary greatly.
In one case, these could be cognitive performance ability with attention, concentration and memory tests. In another case, for example, changes in gene expression, immunological parameters or in the autonomic nervous system may be relevant. We call the repertoire of different target criteria and endpoints, which change as a result of acute stress, the tsst+. Whether subjective well-being or biomarkers: We are continually expanding our test methods, adding new knowledge and providing access to all of this for our client’s in practical application.
Choose among a variety of biomarkers in line with your active ingredient. In Trier, the home of the TSST, we bring together knowledge to serve our customers best.
Autonomic Response Measures
- blood pressure, epinephrine, norepinephrine
- electrocardiogram, heart rate variability
- electrodermal activity, perspiration
- body temperature
Endocrinological Response Measures
- ACTH, serum and salivary cortisol
- prolactin, growth hormone, DHEA
Immunological Response Measures
- leukocyte subsets
Hematological Response Measures
Metabolic Response Measures
- hemoconcentration (hematocrit, hemoglobin, plasma volume)
- blood coagulation (fibrinogen, von Willebrand factor antigen, </br>D-dimer, clotting factors)
- epression, induction profiles of genes in target tissues
Psychomotor Response Measures
- voice (spectral analyses)
- limb movements
Psychological Response Measures
- state anxiety
- mood, anger, fear, helplessness
- memory, attention
Our tsst+ modular system is constantly complemented in close cooperation with our scientific advisory board and our sponsors.